One of the memorial tablets in the church. up on the wall in the chapel wing. was erected as much for the father as the son in whose name it was erected. The tablet states it was in memory of John Phillips, but goes on to say he was the son of ‘John Phillips of Pall Mall, for upwards of half a century surgeon to the Royal Household’. The John who died and is buried in the churchyard also had a son John who went on to live at The Lodge and farmed Lodge Farm – what is now the stud – rented from the Bunburys. He died in 1890 and is also buried here.